Securitythreat management

An Eye-Opening Fact About Robocall Scams

Imagine scammers armed with your personal details. What do you think they can do? The very first thought that crosses your mind is money fraud. So, beware of the ongoing threat called robocall. It can tarnish your image and make you bankrupt. In this article at ZDNet, David Gewirtz explains how cyber scammers are taking advantage of the global pandemic to rip people off.

Plotting Suspicious Events

Elderly people are the prime victims of these robocall scams. Their inefficiency to remain updated or connected with the fast-transforming digital world is the reason for it. They are unaware of the ongoing cybersecurity trends. It makes them vulnerable to the scam as they tend to make impulsive decisions out of fear. Cybercriminals are well aware of the fact and know multiple ways to take advantage of it.

An Important Fact Check

According to a recent survey conducted by Provision Living, about 20 percent of survey participants have received a call or text message related to the COVID-19 emergency. About 23 percent of the survey participants verified that the pace of scam calls has increased amid the pandemic. Though the respondents were generally older folks, many were millennials that showed concern for their parents or grandparents.

Ever since AI systems replaced humans in call centers, the rate of such scams has increased. These imposter scams are intensifying because hackers are doing more research than you are. They are using social media channels to target and earn the trust of victims who can pay them.

What’s the Solution?

To deal with all such issues, try to avoid answering unknown calls, suggests 70 percent of Provision’s survey respondents. The remaining 30 percent recommend installing a call-blocking app. However, about 62 percent of the respondents believe that these applications cannot identify or block the real scammers.

So, the ideal approach is to remain informed and vigilant. Never share your confidential information or credit card details with anyone. Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.zdnet.com/article/watch-out-for-this-nasty-new-trend-in-robocall-scams/

Related Articles

Back to top button
X

We use cookies on our website

We use cookies to give you the best user experience. Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.