The role of managers holds a huge range of responsibilities and ensures a productive yet safe environment for the staff.
In this article at Remi Network, Bill Maginas explains that security should be the first priority of all the managers who are open to bringing new resources, consumers and visitors to the organizations.
The Fundamental Plan
Even though technology is fast evolving, yet most effective preventative measures stem from fundamental security initiatives. This may include risk assessments, vigilance plans, education, and seamless communication. Here is a guide to facilitate managers to improve the safety and security of their teams:
- Clear Understanding: Establish a clear understanding of the existing security needs by initiating a risk assessment of existing process and program. The managers must make sure that all technologies and systems comply with regulations.
- Recognize Potential Threats: To exploit the safety and welfare of the people, have a response plan that ensures the safety of all in the worst possible circumstance. It is crucial to deal with potential threats like natural disasters, cybercrime, even personal threats by outsiders.
- Communicate in Emergency: Real-time emergency communication systems play the most influential role in guiding the staff to combat chaos in an emergency. These systems could be used efficiently in most used public areas like cafés, lobbies, and individual cabins or floors.
- On-Priority Maintenance: The managers need to ensure time-to-time maintenance of the fire and life safety systems, as per NFPA regulations. Even choosing a third-party testing may help in multiple ways to ensure fire and life safety systems are in working condition. This will help in ensuring that the systems perform best in case of an emergency.
- Coordinate with Locals: To learn about the potential threats in and around the company building, managers must coordinate with local security and law enforcement resources. They have their own areas of expertise and in case of emergencies, they can work together and function as one for the company’s good.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.reminetwork.com/articles/tech-security-solutions-fall-short-absent-best-practices/