Time management is the most frugal way of getting maximum out of the minimum. It is one of the most crucial skills required to become a successful digital marketer.
In this article at the State of Digital, Alex Jones explains the art of utilizing time in a much productive manner to reduce last-minute stress and achieve greater productivity in the digital arena.
Time to Lead
The job of digital marketing managers needs multitasking for numerous projects, but the bottom line remains—time management, their sole companion to sail the ship, even in rough weather. A good marketer never lets anything stay on his desk for long. A daily to-do list is the best way to remain focused and organized. The author suggests some other ways to manage time efficiently. Let’s take a look:
- Learn to say ‘No’: It is an art to deny something that may cause a major imbalance on your tasks in hand. Controlled body language and tone of voice is the best weapon to support your words. By managing expectations, time management will become even easier.
- Verbal over Virtual: Email cannot substitute telephonic or one-on-one communication. By holding the direct approach to communicate the next task to the team is the better solution to manage time and effectiveness.
- Avoid Distractions: Being a marketer, receiving emails for clients, vendors, or any other division of the organization is common. Answering emails on priority may eat most of your productive time. So, keep it at the last on the menu.
- Eating the Frog: Following the quote of Mark Twain that says, ‘If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning’, try to finish the most daunting task of your daily to-do list first thing in the morning. Otherwise, you will end up adjourning it to the other half of the day or next day, which would mean missing the deadline.
- Take a Break: No job is more important than your mental and physical well-being. Thereby, however, essential things or tasks you have jotted down in your to-do list, keep enough breather in between and never miss a meal to beat the deadline.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.stateofdigital.com/time-management-tips-for-digital-marketers/