An IT professional is well-aware of the importance of IT managers in building and maintaining a strong connection with the clients or end users. However, not all are aware of the role of a ‘Super User’.
In this article at the Tech Republic, Mary Shacklett explains that super users are the people who hold a working knowledge of IT and deeply understand the IT business. They are efficient in working with project teams to advance the case for IT and achieve project success.
Super Users: The Problem Solvers
Addressing super users as ‘irreplaceable IT champs’ is no bragging. They are efficient in countering or resolving the most difficult project puzzles without hampering the overall productivity. This clearly means, if the IT managers and CIOs remain focused on developing a network of super users, they can bring out the best projects for their organizations. Here are five ways to develop a task force of super users:
- Meet the Super Users on Their Turf: To cultivate a network of super users, the CIOs or project managers need to come out of their comfort zone and hunt down the super users on their turf. Next step could be spending enough time to learn and understand business functions and problems that super users work on. From an IT standpoint, they really need to explore the beneficial aspect of the business that the project may bring forward.
- Qualify Your Super User: As you find a super user, think if he or she qualifies these questions: Is the super user a master of a present system in use? How much is he or she aware of the end business? Open to work alongside IT in the development and deployment of applications? Efficient enough to communicate, mentor, teach, and promote? The real super user scores positively in all the queries.
- Active Engagement: Once signed in, the super users are expected to be entrenched in the project process. They must actively participate in application pilot testing, development, training, deployment, and support along with knowledge of present IT practices.
- Value for Business: By taking the role, the super users need to align their efforts in delivering business value. Lagging behind in any of the areas may lead to a major loss of credibility with their business peers. This may tarnish their image forever.
- Acknowledge Effort: By enduring loyalty to system deployment efforts and a sincere commitment to ushering in a progressive system to the business, the super users can showcase their work commitment invariably. However, it is the responsibility of CIOs or project managers to acknowledge the efforts extended by super users once the project is successfully accomplished.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/5-tips-to-discover-your-next-it-super-user/