In this article in ProjectRiskCoach.com, Harry Hall lists the 10 most compelling characteristics of project managers. Let’s find out what they are.
- Integration: Compelling managers employ means that effectively combine techniques, tools and methods to achieve the end objective of projects.
- Humble: While also being bold and decisive, the top managers are also humble. As a result, they know that they don’t have all the answers, and therefore listen to other points of view.
- Selfless: The best project managers view each project as a growth opportunity for their team members.
- Focused: The best managers help team members maintain a laser-like focus on project objectives.
- Visionary: Compelling managers have a clear vision of what the future holds and are willing to bear any hardships on the path to success.
- Peaceable: The very best managers know just how to turn stumbling blocks into opportunities and are known to turn conflicts on their heads.
- Well-Liked: Another characteristic of a great project manager is that team members would rather be on their team every time. Team members want a likeable leader, one who is compassionate, one who is attentive, and one who is partial to a bit of fun now and again. Further, team members are more responsive to likeable managers.
- Calculated Risk-Taker: Given that projects are often fraught with risks, the very top managers do their homework and take courageous steps to move the projects in the right direction.
- Rewarder: Compelling leaders have been known to be appreciative of team members. Therefore, they celebrate milestones, recognize achievements of team members, and understand the importance of saying ‘thank you’.
- Collaborative: Great managers collaborate with team members when constructing project plans. As such, these project managers value and understand team dynamics, and know the importance of a team in the execution and success of the project at hand.
Click on the following link to view the original article in full: https://projectriskcoach.com/compelling-project-manager/