It would have been great if everyone contributed to improving team motivation. However, it is the project managers that have to bind the team together. The best way you can boost team morale is by rewarding performance. In this article at Clarizen, know the 5 ways you can maintain team motivation with awards and appreciation.
Ways to Improve Team Motivation
Are constraints in time, budget, and scope preventing you from recognizing the high potential in the team? Following are the ways you can maintain team motivation with awards and appreciation:
- Rewarding Individuals: Not everyone can be the employee of the month and a team’s success depends on collaboration. Ensure you acknowledge individuals that went beyond their job description to help the team out.
- Transparency: Team motivation cannot sustain without trust. Let the team get a clear idea about the criteria you have set up for the recognition process. So, all know that teammates that get awarded fulfill those criteria.
- Use of Metrics: Sometimes, an employee’s previous performance cloud your judgment. Keep the metrics available for everyone to gain better visibility into your award system.
- Bonus-free Appreciation: Project managers have limited budgets, so you cannot dole out monetary rewards every time someone displays a good performance. Shaking hands in front of the team members or an appreciation email with everyone in the loop are good gestures. You can also mention how you have shared their contribution with the senior management.
- Tangible Awards: When someone is performing consistently well, a simple pat in the back will not suffice. Good words backed with financial gains in the end make other team members strive for it as well. Improve team motivation by letting them know dependable performance will lead to hikes and promotions.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.clarizen.com/how-to-use-rewards-and-recognition-to-motivate-your-team/