Since the beginning of the digital era, revolutionists across the globe believed that software was soon going to dominate the business world. Reports also predicted that each and every organization will most likely turn into a software set up. Thus, the business ecosystem was very much prepared to accept the dominance of software on the global economy. In this article at ZDNet, Courtney Sato explores whether these rumors were actually true or is this shift likely to happen very soon.
The Present State
Citing the scenario above, many questions are still looming in the dark. Few among them are:
- Do the majority of organizations purchase their software from third-party vendors or do they set up own development unit specific to their needs?
- Is every business truly accepting the temptation of turning into a software corporate?
- What are the probable chances of this likely change to happen?
It’s difficult to answer these questions without an appropriate market research or study. Therefore, Constellation Research has taken the lead in conducting a survey to identify the present state of software dominance across businesses.
This survey aims to evaluate the individual response on the basis of the following criteria:
- What are the key initiatives being taken in the domain of digital transformation today?
- Who are the key stakeholders or drivers steering these initiatives?
- Are there any major hurdles obstructing the way?
- What are the key issues that are disrupting the technology adoption at all levels?
- At what level of technology adoption are most of the companies lying at present?
- How much investment is at stake in maturing digital technologies?
- What are the major intriguing workforce issues prevailing at the moment?
- How much innovation is required at an enterprise level?
To read the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.zdnet.com/article/is-every-business-really-becoming-a-software-business/