Today’s leaders are expected to be highly proficient in technical skills along with a learning attitude so that they could respond well to abrupt changes. In this article at Strategy Execution, Nadine Rochester provides you top ten trends in adaptive leadership to thrive in today’s market.
The 10 Workarounds
- Collaboration with other market leaders, stakeholder management, and information exchange are becoming more vital as political and economic values are rapidly changing the face of businesses today.
- A lot of information is available today due to the increased ability to remain connected and publish within seconds. You must filter out useful information that will help in your decision-making.
- Skills matter more than project roles and you as a leader should enable your team members to take up responsibilities and accept ownership, partial if not all, of the project along with you.
- While analyzing facts to reach a definitive conclusion is important, understanding qualitatively is also the need of the hour to reach your goals.
- Businesses are encouraging more collaboration and interactions among teams to come up with groundbreaking solutions for problems.
- Being an adaptive leader means proactively learning new skills and applying them in day-to-day activities. Since IT is driving businesses today, you need to be on the driver’s seat.
- As the enterprise culture is more inclusive nowadays, it is enabling organizations to include members from different levels of the business to provide their two cents to the solutions.
- Understanding market realities help you assess and align your organizational objectives and, as a result, your team goals.
- Value addition to business is not restricted to financial terms only. Components that improve service quality, like innovation, should also be factored in to drive the customer base.
- Technologies that enhance team productivity even though project members are from different locations work should be utilized by you to evolve along with the team.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.strategyex.co.uk/blog/pmoperspectives/the-top-10-adaptive-leadership-trends-for-2018/