Changes are inevitable and accelerating. Project managers can effectively pull ahead of competition by bringing effective changes. In this article at Strategy Execution, Nadine Rochester suggests some change management tips to achieve success in projects.
However, success can only be achieved if the project team is ready for the inevitable changes by understanding the complexity of rolling out a project.
Successful project managers are open to experimentation and will know if the existing culture supports the change. They should maintain fair communication not only with the team but also within their network. This helps them ease the transition process and move the business forward.
Seamless change management happens when the project managers involve the team in the beginning of the process itself. This will help to develop a sense of ownership among the team members.
However, it is not easy to implement changes smoothly. So, here is a list of tips to deal with resistance to change.
- Identify the root cause of change and its impact on each member of the team.
- Spread awareness by communicating the change across all levels in the organization.
- Be aware of the vision and purpose of bringing the change in the project.
- Do not forget to engage the team members in the changing process.
- Incorporate your past lessons in the future goals.
- Set up a better corporate culture by enquiring if the organization is open to reward or punish changes.
This is possible only when the project managers turn into change managers and collaborate with top level management and thought leaders to welcome changes. Project leaders must understand that the significance of projects, programs, and portfolios lies in getting the right work done at the right time.
The author aims to change people’s perception regarding the risks involved in change management. To read the full article, follow the link below: https://www.strategyex.co.uk/blog/pmoperspectives/six-tips-deal-resistance-change/