If you had a genie ready to pop out of your cubicle, what wishes would you ask for? Jennifer Lonoff Schiff of CIO.com was able to narrow her fantasies down to seven, and chances are if you’re a CIO you probably have a similar wish list. Here are the top requests every CIO would ask their genie to fulfill:
1. To be involved in the project from the very beginning.
2. The ability to put—and keep—together the perfect team for each project.
3. To have powerful yet simple-to-use project management tools.
4. To have clearly defined project objectives and requirements.
5. To get buy-in from stakeholders and end-users.
6. To be treated with respect.
7. To be allowed to adjust projects as needed (without being second-guessed).
All seven of these ideals may not be possible now, but just because your desires are currently just a wish list doesn’t mean that they have to stay that way. Work on making your fantasies a reality. Communicate to others how they can make your job easier. Your coworkers aren’t genies, but you may be surprised how willing they are to help.