The majority of owners hire a consultant because they are facing constraints in terms of finance, project, and strategy planning. However, seeking advice can be costly. In this article at Putnam Consulting, are 5 essential steps to follow before hiring a consultant for your business.
- Before looking out, figure out the problem areas you want the consultant to sort out for you. Create a communication channel between relevant stakeholders. Set the budget and timeline for the issue resolution.
- List what your ideal advisor must know or display. Should the advisor know the local language for better interactions? Do you need a team or a solo advisor? Check the background of the shortlisted candidate before agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Set clear expectations, budget, timeline, project scope, mode of communication, etc. in the beginning.
- Have touch-point calls regularly. If you are adding tasks outside the scope, remember to discuss the extension of the timeline and budget.
- Officially end the project by providing feedback and how you intend to use the findings of the advisor. Talk about the pros and cons you both faced during the journey.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://putnam-consulting.com/resources/articles/working-with-consultants/how-to-effectively-hire-a-consultant-5-tips-for-a-win-win-relationship/