Client onboarding is the practice of welcoming new clients, addressing their queries, explaining them your services, and initiating foundation for success.
In this article at Filestage, Max Benz explains the impact of client onboarding process to help you retain them while reducing requirement creeps.
What’s the Need?
Client onboarding is vital for any organization as it directly impacts the client experience, your brand presence, and profit margins. The initial 90 days of client experience are vulnerable as the consumer is not confident about your ability to deliver. But it is an opportunity to create a long-term impression. So, here is what you must cover in the client onboarding process:
- Business & Team Introduction: The new client must be aware of your products and services. So, use this opportunity to develop a more intimate relationship with the clients.
- Address Queries & Concerns: At the time of onboarding, clients prefer to address their doubts and gain clarity over the services offered to them. So, address client queries precisely.
- Develop Understanding: This is the ideal time to develop a clear understanding of the new client’s preferences, buying behavior, expectations, and work methods. It will help you crack promising deals with them in the future.
To maintain consistency while filing client information during the onboarding process, collect information by following these steps:
- Make a note of billing information, contact details, working hours, etc. You can use a marketing agency software to gather and store all the necessary data.
- Learn about the client’s areas of interest by adding a separate column for personal details. You can use this information to surprise the client by offering special discounts on birthdays, etc.
- Include an agree/ disagree statement chart to make your questionnaire interactive. It will also help you gain confidence over the client’s preferences.
- Learn about the client’s hopes and expectations from your products and services by including a point over this in your questionnaire.
- Learn about the tools and software your new client is using to maintain seamless communication.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://filestage.io/blog/client-onboarding-checklist/