A good company culture acts as a driving force for effective customer service and new opportunities. It is the responsibility of every CIO to integrate a promising work culture that enables improved customer and employee engagement.
In this article at CIO, the author quotes the 2018 CIO Gartner agenda that cites work culture and people as the biggest barriers to an organization’s success.
Innovation and Change Initiative
The Gartner agenda suggests that many CIOs are experimenting with innovation and change initiatives to build successful pilot projects. Even this can be changed. By following these easy steps, CIOs can deliver a good company culture:
- Communicate Expectations: Encouraging a tight-knit company culture helps in boosting the overall customer experience. To do the same, the CIOs must communicate with teams about the cultural expectations of the business.
- Learning Experience: The CIOs can learn from their own experiences. Accepting mistakes with a positive attitude brings better outcomes than a negative uproar.
- Suitable Employees: It is essential to have a well-structured team that can showcase their individual skills to help the company move ahead. A range of diverse employees with unique strengths will aid in building a great company culture. CIOs should hire a wide range of skills and experiences to promote a healthy work culture.
- Innovation: This may include staying ahead of the latest technologies and experiences that increase customer satisfaction while finding ways to improve service offerings.
- Leadership Traits: A good CIO can motivate teams, promote cultural aspects of the organization, and focus on business engagement. They need to regularly monitor the business to embrace cultural change.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.cio.co.uk/cio-career/how-cios-can-create-winning-culture-3669242/