The growth of an organization or team does not totally depend on the work process, the skilled brains or methodology alone, it also depends on the right team culture.
In this article at HR Zone, Hardik explains the importance of extraordinary teamwork for the success of an organization. He suggests some extraordinary tips to nurture the right team culture in the organization.
Even though everyone is aware of the value of teamwork and precision, implementation of the same in one’s job is fading gradually. The complexity of the tasks in hand clubbed with the desire for professional growth has ruined the team spirit among millennials. However, it is essential for each individual to learn and understand how beneficial it would be for them to maintain appropriate team culture. Here are some effective ways to foster and nurture team culture:
- Provide Resources: Effective team culture needs some basic resources like a designated place to hold regular meetings, open innovation and brainstorming sessions along with the welcoming attitude of team leads. Moreover, giving your team enough space to clearly communicate and accept failure in a positive way can boost their morale. Giving realistic deadlines without exposing the team members to the intense pressure of high expectations will bring out the best in them.
- Challenging Goals: To keep the team members highly motivated, set goals and provoke them to achieve them. To deliver valuable outcomes, each individual of the team needs to challenge himself to achieve remove goals. Assigning the teams with essential assignments and projects with precise guidance and a blueprint of ‘tips to attain’ them, is effective.
- Casual Meetings: Hold regular informal team meetings to give complete liberty to the team members to express themselves, share ideas and vision towards a particular project or task. This initiative will make the team open to experiment and work efficiently.
- Promote the Zest: Understanding responsibility and making efforts to fulfill them is healthy for the team. The more the team owns its responsibilities, the better the work culture. This will reflect in the progress of the team as well as the organization.
- People-Centric: People are the core of any good team who help in building a great organization. So, to achieve success, focus on the people who are part of the team. Value people and make good use of their skills by giving them work satisfaction. Team members are mere humans after all, and they are driven by ambition with a hint of inspiration.
Click on the following link to read the original article: https://www.hrzone.com/community/blogs/hardik/5-ways-to-build-an-extraordinary-team-culture