Though everyone is excited about AI adoption, very few know how to implement it. Design thinking can be the solution. Its methods encourage cross-functional teams to collaborate and bring in new ideas. In this article at InformationWeek, Craig Nelson shares the 5 ways companies can use design thinking to accelerate AI adoption.
Accelerating AI Adoption
Design thinking creates an environment where a junior team member can question the sponsor about a proposed idea. It promotes risk-taking, encourages new ideas, and inspires equality. Enterprises can improve AI adoption rate, align the projects with the enterprise goals, and lower resistance to change. Since the organizational culture already has an agile mindset, it becomes easy to respond and accept the changing market demands. Here are the 5 ways companies can use design thinking to accelerate AI adoption:
- Innovation Is for All: With design thinking, IT is not the only department that is responsible for bringing innovation to the company. It is the responsibility of all, so much so that it is treated on a business level. Every department must table ideas. Convince your operating managers, business unit leaders, and change propagators to help you with the AI adoption.
- All Hands on AI Adoption: Design thinking helps collaboration among various specialists that look after risk management, governance, review, operations, sales, customer services, etc. Members across departments and skill levels transfer knowledge to evolve together. Instead of concentrating all the learning in a center of excellence, knowledge is accessible to anyone seeking it.
- Changing Perspectives: Since artificial intelligence is still a new field, openness to adapt to changes should be inculcated in the organizational culture. When leaders are thinking of shifting their company strategies, only executives and management participate in those meetings. This creates fear of the unknown and resistance to change in the general workforce. The forum should be open to all. The employees then know that they are driving the change and not getting dragged into it.
- Utilizing the Technology Benefits: With AI adoption steadily making progress, soon you will see a hybrid workforce. The human workforce will take assistance from their virtual counterparts for real-time data analytics and accurate predictions. This would provide insight into serving the customers better by offering products that match their expectations.
- Customer Centricity: Customers are pivotal for design thinking. Pilot projects and advisory board are good options to receive feedback. Set up simulations where the employees can interact and understand the benefits of AI adoption. You can increase their curiosity by visiting other business units or companies and interact with design thinking teams.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.informationweek.com/big-data/ai-machine-learning/design-thinking-is-key-to-enterprise-adoption-of-ai-/a/d-id/1332626?