The rapidly evolving technologies and innovation trends pose a great challenge for IT organizations, especially CIOs. Their ability to adapt to this rapid technology surge depends on how well they are prepared for it. The prudence of an organization in identifying the emerging technologies is more likely to help them in driving these digital changes. In this article at CIOInsight.com, Samuel Greengard shares the top technology predictions listed out by the business research firm, Gartner, for 2018 and beyond.
Gartner recently released a new research report titled, “Top Strategic Predictions for 2018 and Beyond: Pace Yourself, for Sanity’s Sake,”. This report captures the major forecasts and research solutions that are essential for an IT organization to steer ahead of the market competition. Here are some major insights shared in this report:
The Key Findings
- Digital transformation: The report states that about 95 percent of electronic items will employ IoT by 2020 and 30 percent of commercial internet searches will be visual or voice-based.
- Shift towards voice: 50 percent of e-commerce companies will include voice-based navigation and search on their online website by 2019.
- Blockchain is rising: Blockchain will adopt a more formal path by the end of this year. Proper investment set-ups with at least one Tier 1 bank will allow cryptocurrency trading.
- ROI through IoT: IoT connected devices can regulate their maintenance schedules and costs better, thereby delivering ROI within four months only.
- The greater risk: By 2022, 50 percent of security expenses will be directed towards fault rectification and mishaps rather than safety.
- The rise of bots: Bots and chatbots will take over mobile apps by 2020. 55 percent of firms are likely to have at least one bot or chatbot by then.
- The change in workforce: AI will redefine the job profiles and requirements across industries by 2019 and will soon follow an upward trend from 2020.
- The ‘trust’ factor: 2018 will see a tenfold rise in the design and implementation of digital fraud detection projects.
In the end, Gartner suggests that firms should look forward to delivering better business value by adopting people-centric technology, and leading data validation initiatives. To read the original article in full, click on the link below: https://www.cioinsight.com/it-management/innovation/slideshows/gartners-strategic-predictions-for-2018-and-beyond.html