Leadership is a mix of giving away power and assigning responsibility. Furthermore, leadership also entails knowing when to listen and when to act. This article by Dr. Keith Mathis explores six ways that a leader can give proper project leadership in a project team. The list includes:
- Creating an atmosphere of trust
- Building the right team
- Spelling everything out for the team in the beginning of the project
- Monitoring and giving feedback
- Keeping comunication open
- Keeping the end goal in mind at all times
The creation of a trusting evironment where ideas and concerns can be voiced is crucial, as it enables every team member to, at times, become a leader. It strenghtens the resolve of the individual to fix problems and address opportunties. In that sort of environment, positive and strong leadership is sure to occur.