Small businesses may not have much experience with consultants, and they may have even less idea of how to use them effectively. You should not hire a consultant before you really know how to use them to their fullest ability. In a YouTube video, Amy Schmittauer discusses the six tips to know about this:
- Know your contract terms and the goal of the engagement.
- Assume your consultant understands the contract terms.
- Be aware of what falls in and outside of the contract’s scope.
- Make consultants’ results measurable.
- Be realistic about the project timeline.
- Assume your consultant has other consultants.
Watch the short video above for the details.