Everyone has to start somewhere. If you are a caveman recently thawed out of ice and need to learn how to build trust at work from the ground up, then Monster has the article for you. Pat Mayfield lays out the most obvious yet essential parts of building trust:
- Be honest, especially in situations where it might hurt you but will significantly help others.
- Practice good judgement, knowing that there are right and wrong times to share information.
- Be consistent and reliable with your work ethic and work quality.
- Practice open body language that emphasizes that you are willing to hear people out.
- Have a mutually beneficial attitude, meaning you look for ways to arrange work and align tasks so that everyone gets something out of it.
- If you are a leader, you need to set a good example, listen to others, and remember to focus on “issues and solutions rather than personalities.”
You can view the original article here: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/6-steps-to-building-trust-in-the-workplace-hot-jobs