Everyone likes to smile, so convincing people that humor is a good thing is not the hardest sell. Nonetheless, Jacquelyn Smith highlights 10 ways that humor can improve the work environment in an article for Forbes. Here they are in brief:
- People like people who make them laugh, making humor good for team cohesion.
- Humor decreases stress from multiple angles simultaneously.
- Humor is an equalizer, putting people of varied career rungs on equal footing.
- Humor cuts through tension in difficult situations.
- Comedy, like innovation, demands imagination. More imagination means better business.
- Humor yields candidness, which creates trust.
- Funny people increase morale.
- Funny people feel easier to approach.
- Humor in the company culture can be used as a marketing vehicle.
- Humor, through the various above means, can improve productivity.
If you are still exclaiming, “Balderdash!” you can view the original article here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2013/05/03/10-reasons-why-humor-is-a-key-to-success-at-work/