You probably spend at least eight hours a day with your work colleagues, so you might as well get along with them. Dawn Rosenberg McKay explains how with seven straightforward tips in an article for the Balance:
- Respect your colleagues and be considerate of them.
- Play it safe and avoid tricky conversation subjects, like politics, bowel movements, or family jail convictions.
- Get your work relationship off to a good start by exuding warmth and learning colleagues’ interests.
- Find ways to get along with the difficult or annoying people. The power exists within you.
- Do not gossip. There are more compelling topics out there.
- Practice good office etiquette.
- Practice general kindness. If you see colleagues struggling, do something to help or make them feel better.
You can view the original article here: https://www.thebalance.com/get-along-better-with-coworkers-525457