Anxiety is just a bummer, right? So get rid of it. In an article for Business Insider, Drake Baer shares nine fast tips to make a better life:
- Breathe deeply, because it tells your nervous system to relax.
- Incrementally expose yourself to things you fear, until they become less frightening.
- Recognize when your anxiety is irrational and set it aside.
- Spend time with friends, as their support reduces anxiety.
- Exercise to protect yourself against the effects of stress.
- Reframe anxiety as excitement.
- Look at the big picture to look past small worries.
- Take a pause now and then to recognize that your life is pretty okay.
- Consciously trivialize tasks when they do not go well, so failure does not sting as badly.
You can read the full details of Baer’s tips here: http://www.businessinsider.com/tricks-to-overcome-anxiety-and-fear-2014-11?op=1