You seldom have time to catch your breath if you want to stay competitive with your supply chain, and an article from Daily Local News lists ten coming initiatives for 2014. See how many of these goals align with your plans for the year:
- Have a come-as-you-are approach to business.
- Build more effective collaboration.
- Capture keener insight.
- Foster an easy-doing-business-with mindset.
- Create clear differentiation.
- Find greater cost advantages.
- Respond smartly and rapidly.
- Mitigate risk.
- Exceed sustainability goals.
- Become a lifelong learner.
The list was drawn up by Elemica, and a recurring theme is the need to be flexible and receptive to customer needs. Another major idea is that you need to be able to respond quickly to variables and know when to throw out practices that are no longer necessary, such as paper-based processes. Read the original article for further insights: http://www.dailylocal.com/business/20140114/10-supply-chain-initiatives-for-2014