The collapse of the Rana Plaza in Bangladesh tragically took 1200 lives, and though other cases are not nearly as severe, there have been many recorded instances of businesses operating under negligent and immoral parameters overseas. Roy Williams writes an article about developing more socially responsible supply chains that work ethically toward success. He provides six principles to follow:
- Keep it simple.
- Make ethical considerations part of every buying decision.
- Collaborate, but stick to your principles.
- Use the “how would it look to you?” test.
- Use your buying power to good effect.
- Communicate your ethical achievements.