The ITIL guru provides these statistics in an effort to discuss the reason for project flops.
- 17% of large IT projects that fall short of expectations threaten the existence of the organization
- 45% of large IT projects run over budget
- 44% of the time large IT projects fall short of expected deliverable´s
Culture is the culprit of higher failure percentages.
- “58% of the time due to inability to change mindsets and attitudes.”
- “32% of the time due to lack of senior management support.”
Why have you found that your IT projects have failed? Discuss it more at The ITIL guru.