The best practices will change as your company grows and matures. Too often comparison to your competitions best practices, though giving the sense of equality, inhibits creativity and may not be a beneficial structure for you. When do best practices become destructive instead of constructive?
- Best practice may usually only focus on process efficiency, about know-how, not get broader thought about process effectiveness.
- Best practice as an average workflow.
- Best Practice can mean different things in business.
- Finding different ways to handle the process can give competitive advantage.
- Best Practices turns to be the end itself.
What is best yesterday will not be best tomorrow.
So, are your best practices as innovative as your company? Or, are you tied down by a structure that was implemented in the 80’s and obsolete by 1995? If you are constantly fighting the process and straining against the walls that need torn down, then redecorate! Make your best practices something that makes sense today.