There can be very few other disciplines in the working world where the pace of change is as rapid as the IT/IS space. Quite apart from the pace of technology change the whole evolution, from Information Technology as a provider of services to Information Systems completely embedded in, and essential to, business process makes it essential for everyone in the field to keep on top of new developments across a wide range of subjects. Sounds daunting? Quite the reverse: the challenge of keeping up to date is what makes this field such a rewarding career choice for so many people across the world. Here at ITMPI and AITS we’re doing our part to make learning resources available – and affordable – for as many people as possible. Our webinar series (www.itmpi.org/webinars) has been growing for years. Live webinars with our growing panel of industry thought leaders (www.itmpi.org/ourexperts.aspx) benefit all – and are accredited by the Project Management Institute for ongoing personal development credits for people working towards or maintaining their PMI certification. We are pleased to announce two new additions to our family of online learning products: The ITMPI’s advanced IT courseware will take your IT professional development to a new level. These detailed multi-phase learning modules give you an easy to
use, comprehensive, and streamlined approach for immersion in a variety of subject areas. Our learning modules allow busy IT managers and IT professionals to:
- Keep current with industry trends, techniques, and methodologies
- Learn from direct interaction with a wide range of industry experts
- Maintain approved credits and certifications
- Create a culture of continuous learning and improvement in any IT organization
- Measure the growth and potential of associates
- Accelerate leadership training within IT organizations
All of the ITMPI’s advanced courseware has been developed by world-renowned experts, recognized leaders in each of their respective areas. Each of our instructors brings a lifetime of knowledge and experience into these courses. Making the transition from doing to leading others as they do isn’t as simple as promoting an associate to the role. Leadership is an important quality and requires new ways of thinking. Recognising the raw talent is only part of the story: your future leaders have to learn the skills needed to effectively manage others. CAI’s Catalyst Leadership Training (http://leadership.compaid.com) facilitates the learning of core management and leadership competencies that drive organizational performance. An organization’s ability to nurture these skills in their management team can make the difference between success and failure. Whether you’re interested in your own self-improvement or in developing leadership capabilities in your team or organization, CAI’s
Catalyst Leadership Training Program offers a web-delivered, competitively-priced solution. Our self-directed learning method allows students to move through the training at their own pace and at their convenience. The course includes book excerpts and articles from widely recognized leadership experts such as Kotter, Goleman, Buckingham and Heifetz among others. Through seven expertly designed modules, students learn:
- What is Management, What is Leadership, and Why do they Matter?
- Understanding who I am as a Person, a Leader and a Manager
- Focusing on the Human Dimension
- Performance Management
- Teams and Teamwork
- Managerial Decision Making
- Becoming the Change Agent your organisation needs
We believe the success of an organization is directly related to the behavior of its people and that the behavior of its people is shaped and influenced by the attitudes and actions of its leaders. That is why it’s essential for organizations to develop leaders at every level of the business. Strategically developing the skills, knowledge and behaviors of current and future leaders in your organization can lead to long-term success. Each module includes:
- Pre- and Post-Assessments
- Reading Assignments
- Meeting the Objectives questions
- Personal Assessment and Application questions
- Summary Presentation
With each one-year subscription you receive:
- Access to the Catalyst training site for
- Course assignments
- Lessons which include selected Harvard Business Review articles
- Study aids
- The following books used in the course:
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton, Sheila Heen, and Roger Fisher
- Love ’em or Lose ’em by Beverly Kaye and Sharon Jordan-Evans
- Forming, Storming, Norming and Performing Model by Donald Egolf
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- The Manager’s Bookshelf: A Mosaic of Contemporary Views by Jon L. Pierce and John W. Newstrom
- McQuaig Word Survey – an easy-to-complete assessment that evaluates behavior and underlying temperament in four key areas with the results provided to you in a comprehensive report.
- Companion emails – sent at planned intervals throughout the training, these emails provide supplemental information related to the module content.
Course Certificate Upon successful completion of the course’s final exam, a certificate will be awarded to the student. PDU Credits 42 PDU credits will be awarded to students who successfully complete the Catalyst Leadership Training Program upon submission of their Catalyst course Certificate to the Project Management Institute. We suggest that you take a look at ITMPI’s offerings while thinking about how a learning organization can lead your company to even more success and growth.
Enterprise Training Subscriptions Available
Please email email@example.com for details of enterprise subscriptions to our training offerings.